The product is recommended for fire extinguishing and surveillance for the following types of fire:
- Class A – combustible materials (wood, paper and fabric)
- Class B – flammable liquids
- Class C – flammable gas
- Class D – combustible metals: chemicals such as magnesium, aluminum or potassium
- Class E – electrical equipment: once the electrical item is removed, the fire changes class
- Class F- cooking oils: typically a chip-pan fire
NOTE: For classes B, C* and electrical fire, ICEBALL is used to surveillance fire only.